The government of Uzbekistan held a seminar on Saturday on business and investment opportunities in the country at the Uzexpocenter National Exhibition Complex in Tashkent.
The focus of the seminar was President Islam Karimov's decree "On Additional Measures to Further Refine the Investment Climate and Business Environment in the Republic of Uzbekistan" signed early last month.
Participants included members of the Senate and the Legislative Chamber of the Oliy Majlis; officials from the ministries of justice and finance; the State Customs Committee; members of the State Committee for Communications, Information and Telecommunication Technologies; representatives from the Central Bank; business people and foreign investors.
As a result of economic reforms already implemented by Karimov's administration, in the first quarter of 2014, the production of industrial goods grew by approximately nine percent, while the production of consumer goods in increased by approximately 13 percent, the government said on its website.
"Favorable opportunities are created in Uzbekistan for entrepreneurs and foreign investors," Lee Byub-Yol, the general manager of Hanjin Co. South Korea and the director of the Eurasia Logistics Service joint venture, said. "It is noteworthy that in this direction, taking account the requirements of time and development, documents are adopted to create greater and wider opportunities for business. This facilitates the growth in our interest to Uzbekistan and the implementation of even greater projects in this country."
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar