The National Bank of Ukraine announced on Friday that it appointed Alla Shulga to the position of director of the general department of banking supervision.
Shulga's responsibilities at the NBU will include exercising effective banking supervision of group one, two, three and four banks operating in Kyiv and Kyiv Oblast; applying enforcement measures to banks according to Ukrainian laws; and monitoring the repayment of stabilization loans from the National Bank of Ukraine. She is now a member of the NBU board ex officio.
Shulga previously held managerial positions at All-Ukrainian Joint-Stock Bank, Joint Stock Commercial Industrial & Investment Bank, Joint-Stock Commercial Bank for Social Development Ukrsotsbank, Commercial Bank Nadra OJSC and KREDITPROMBANK PJSC. She has degrees from the Kiev Institute of National Economy and the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kiev.
NBU is the central bank of Ukraine. According to the Constitution of Ukraine, the main function of the bank is to ensure stability of Ukraine's monetary unit, the Ukrainian hryvnia.
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank
- THE WORLD BANK: Sri Lanka Has the Potential to More Than Double Its Exports to South Asia
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT: BSTDB launched a call for expression of interest for website design services
- SEB - UKRAINE: SEB joins finance- and sustainability board
- SOBINBANK - RUSSIA: New features of the DBO Bank-Client
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Anastasia Bushueva Appointed Chief Accountant - Director of Accounting and Reporting Department of Rosbank
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: Bank URALSIB entered the Top 10 media ratings of Russian banks in August
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"