Uzbekistan recently launched an industrial fair to promote aviation, electronics and machine building at the Uzexpocenter in Tashkent.
The event, which was called the Complex for the Promotion of Machine Building, Electro-technical and Aviation Industry, Standardization of Goods, was held in accordance with a recently signed government resolution. Uzbekistan's Cabinet of Ministers signed the agreement, "On Measures to Arrange and Hold the International Industrial Fair and Cooperation Exchange in 2014," on February 24.
Uzbekistan's government seeks to increase the localization of finished goods production to develop the country's economy and reduce its dependence on imports. By introducting novel and more efficient technologies into the production process, Uzbekistan could create more competitive products and new jobs.
More than 130 enterprises, including the Tashkent Tractor Plant, the Tashkent Mechanical Engineering Factory, the Chirchikkishlokmash open stock company and the Modular Plant exhibited goods at the event.
Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan U. Rozukulov delivered the keynote speech at the opening ceremony.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar