The U.S.-Ukraine Business Council recently announced that the 5th annual Adam Smith Ukrainian Energy Forum has been rescheduled for June 23-26.
The forum, which is sponsored by the Ukrainian Ministries of Energy & Coal and Ecology & Natural Resources, will be held at the Intercontinental Hotel in Kiev. It was previously postponed due to the political unrest in Ukraine.
The forum will take place one month after Ukraine's presidential elections and will serve as a timely platform for hearing about the new government's key priorities.
The program content is currently being updated to reflect all recent developments. Topics will include the impact of the Crimean situation on oil and gas investment projects in Crimea and the Black Sea, the latest news on reverse supplies from the European Union and Slovakia, and the future of Ukrainian-Russian energy relations.
Other topics for discussion include forecasts for the volumes and pricing of Russian gas imports in the near future, the timetable for modernization of the Gas Transportation System, reform of Naftogaz and how soon it will be restructured and split into separate entities, the debate over the future of the Green Tariff, and how the increase in energy tariffs for the population will be managed.
Speakers for the Ukrainian Energy forum include Geoffrey Pyatt, the U.S. ambassador to Ukraine, Simon Pirani, a senior research fellow at Oxford Institute for Energy Studies, Timur Khromaev, the CEO of Great East Energy, Oleksandr Kharchenko, the CEO of Energy Industry Research Center, and Andriy Mizovets, the president of the Association of Gas Traders of Ukraine.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar