BP recently signed a $378 million contract with Baku Shipyard on behalf of the Shah Deniz consortium to design and build a subsea construction vessel (SCV).
The consortium will deploy the SCV for the stage two development of the Shah Deniz field, which lies offshore in the Azerbaijan sector of the Caspian Sea, the Azerbaijan State Telegraph Agency reports.
The subsea installation vessel will allow the consortium to install subsea structures between 2017-2027. Marine Technology Development, the ship design and development arm of Keppel Offshore & Marine (Keppel O&M), will design the subsea installation vessel. The SCV is scheduled for completion in April 2017.
"We are very privileged that BP Exploration (Shah Deniz) has chosen Baku Shipyard to design and build the SCV and believe that Baku Shipyard is well placed to support Azerbaijan's growth in the oil and gas sector," Rovnag Abdullayev, the president of the State Oil Company of the Azerbaijan Republic (SOCAR), said, according to the Azerbaijan State Telegraph Agency.
Gordon Birrell, the regional president for Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey at BP, said the SCV will provide essential support for Shah Deniz's subsea structures.
"Clearly, the contract underpins our plans to deploy for the first time new advanced subsea production technology to the Caspian as part of the Shah Deniz stage two development," Birrell said, according to the Azerbaijan State Telegraph Agency.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar