BP recently signed a $378 million contract with Baku Shipyard on behalf of the Shah Deniz consortium to design and build a subsea construction vessel (SCV).
The consortium will deploy the SCV for the stage two development of the Shah Deniz field, which lies offshore in the Azerbaijan sector of the Caspian Sea, the Azerbaijan State Telegraph Agency reports.
The subsea installation vessel will allow the consortium to install subsea structures between 2017-2027. Marine Technology Development, the ship design and development arm of Keppel Offshore & Marine (Keppel O&M), will design the subsea installation vessel. The SCV is scheduled for completion in April 2017.
"We are very privileged that BP Exploration (Shah Deniz) has chosen Baku Shipyard to design and build the SCV and believe that Baku Shipyard is well placed to support Azerbaijan's growth in the oil and gas sector," Rovnag Abdullayev, the president of the State Oil Company of the Azerbaijan Republic (SOCAR), said, according to the Azerbaijan State Telegraph Agency.
Gordon Birrell, the regional president for Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey at BP, said the SCV will provide essential support for Shah Deniz's subsea structures.
"Clearly, the contract underpins our plans to deploy for the first time new advanced subsea production technology to the Caspian as part of the Shah Deniz stage two development," Birrell said, according to the Azerbaijan State Telegraph Agency.
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: The Central Bank trained primary school teachers as a pilot project
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Belarusian Foreign Ministry hosts a round table on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the modern Belarusian diplomatic service
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank and singapore-Based EFA Financial Institutions Debt Fund PTE. LTD. Investment Company Signed a Loan Agreement
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sends Condolences to Indonesia in Wake of Tsunami Disaster
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank announces New Year deposit
- AG BANK: Happy birthday, Mr. President!
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Hurry up! The action started on mortgage loans in GEL!
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Opening hours for the Christmas holidays