The Belarusian Council of Ministers approved 22 investment projects last week for implementation in 2014.
The projects envision the production of import-substituting and export-oriented products. The list also includes the implementation of innovation technology and resource-saving principles to enhance the performance of domestic companies, the Belarusian Telegraph Agency reports.
"The list includes 22 investment projects that will be implemented... in the production sector of the economy, i.e. the chemical and food industry, railway and aviation transport, construction and agriculture," a government spokesman said, according to the Belarusian Telegraph Agency. "All the projects underwent the expert selection of the Economy Ministry and (other) government bodies."
The projects include new manufacturing capacities at OAO BelAZ; new production lines at OAO MAZ, OAO MTZ and OAO Gomselmash; the renewal of the rolling stock at the Belarusian Railways; and the renewal OAO Belavia's aircraft.
"Representatives of the government bodies and oblast executive committees have been placed in charge of the implementation of the projects," the government spokesperson, said, according to the Belarusian Telegraph Agency. "The move will allow improving the responsibility for the implementation of the country's pivotal projects, secure their timely implementation and the efficient use of investment resources."
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank
- THE WORLD BANK: Sri Lanka Has the Potential to More Than Double Its Exports to South Asia
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT: BSTDB launched a call for expression of interest for website design services
- SEB - UKRAINE: SEB joins finance- and sustainability board
- SOBINBANK - RUSSIA: New features of the DBO Bank-Client
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Anastasia Bushueva Appointed Chief Accountant - Director of Accounting and Reporting Department of Rosbank
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: Bank URALSIB entered the Top 10 media ratings of Russian banks in August
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"