The Belarusian Council of Ministers approved 22 investment projects last week for implementation in 2014.
The projects envision the production of import-substituting and export-oriented products. The list also includes the implementation of innovation technology and resource-saving principles to enhance the performance of domestic companies, the Belarusian Telegraph Agency reports.
"The list includes 22 investment projects that will be implemented... in the production sector of the economy, i.e. the chemical and food industry, railway and aviation transport, construction and agriculture," a government spokesman said, according to the Belarusian Telegraph Agency. "All the projects underwent the expert selection of the Economy Ministry and (other) government bodies."
The projects include new manufacturing capacities at OAO BelAZ; new production lines at OAO MAZ, OAO MTZ and OAO Gomselmash; the renewal of the rolling stock at the Belarusian Railways; and the renewal OAO Belavia's aircraft.
"Representatives of the government bodies and oblast executive committees have been placed in charge of the implementation of the projects," the government spokesperson, said, according to the Belarusian Telegraph Agency. "The move will allow improving the responsibility for the implementation of the country's pivotal projects, secure their timely implementation and the efficient use of investment resources."
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar