The Belarusian Council of Ministers approved 22 investment projects last week for implementation in 2014.
The projects envision the production of import-substituting and export-oriented products. The list also includes the implementation of innovation technology and resource-saving principles to enhance the performance of domestic companies, the Belarusian Telegraph Agency reports.
"The list includes 22 investment projects that will be implemented... in the production sector of the economy, i.e. the chemical and food industry, railway and aviation transport, construction and agriculture," a government spokesman said, according to the Belarusian Telegraph Agency. "All the projects underwent the expert selection of the Economy Ministry and (other) government bodies."
The projects include new manufacturing capacities at OAO BelAZ; new production lines at OAO MAZ, OAO MTZ and OAO Gomselmash; the renewal of the rolling stock at the Belarusian Railways; and the renewal OAO Belavia's aircraft.
"Representatives of the government bodies and oblast executive committees have been placed in charge of the implementation of the projects," the government spokesperson, said, according to the Belarusian Telegraph Agency. "The move will allow improving the responsibility for the implementation of the country's pivotal projects, secure their timely implementation and the efficient use of investment resources."
- PROMSVYAZBANK - RUSSIA: Mutual funds of Promsvyaz management company entered the list of the best in terms of management quality
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Global Finance recognizes Converse Bank as the Best Trade Finance Provider in Armenia
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On Results of Deposit Auction to Attract Funds by the Central Bank
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Chairman of the Board of the EDB Andrei Belyaninov headed the department at REU named after G. V. Plekhanova
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: EU budget debate ahead of crucial summit
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK: FUIB has opened a branch in Gorishni Plavni
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Unveils Venture Platform to Invest in Impact Technology Startups
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: EDB will expand its presence in Kazakhstan
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Belarus president talks about viability of alternative oil delivery options
- PROMIVESTBANK - UKRAINE: For clients of Prominvestbank PJSC