The Belarusian Council of Ministers approved 22 investment projects last week for implementation in 2014.
The projects envision the production of import-substituting and export-oriented products. The list also includes the implementation of innovation technology and resource-saving principles to enhance the performance of domestic companies, the Belarusian Telegraph Agency reports.
"The list includes 22 investment projects that will be implemented... in the production sector of the economy, i.e. the chemical and food industry, railway and aviation transport, construction and agriculture," a government spokesman said, according to the Belarusian Telegraph Agency. "All the projects underwent the expert selection of the Economy Ministry and (other) government bodies."
The projects include new manufacturing capacities at OAO BelAZ; new production lines at OAO MAZ, OAO MTZ and OAO Gomselmash; the renewal of the rolling stock at the Belarusian Railways; and the renewal OAO Belavia's aircraft.
"Representatives of the government bodies and oblast executive committees have been placed in charge of the implementation of the projects," the government spokesperson, said, according to the Belarusian Telegraph Agency. "The move will allow improving the responsibility for the implementation of the country's pivotal projects, secure their timely implementation and the efficient use of investment resources."
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, Tonga Sign Grant Agreement for Ongoing Urban Project
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Order a free Idram Rocket Visa Card and get 2 KinoPark invitations
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: French-Armenian Doctors Program in Tavush
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On results of deposit auction on attraction of funds by the Central Bank
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Card tariffs
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB President Reaffirms Strong Support to Maldives
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Rosbank will keep zero service fee for money transfers via Faster Payments System
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies