The Belarusian Emergencies Ministry announced on Thursday that it provided the country's nuclear power plant with a license to construct its first power-generating unit.
A specialist from Gosatomnadzor, the country's nuclear and radiation safety department, the document allows the power plant to begin the main stage of constructing a power-generating unit, the Belarusian Telegraph Agency reports.
After the Ostrovets-based nuclear power plant sent all necessary documentation to Gosatomnadzor in February 2013, experts at the Joint Institute for Power and Nuclear Research (SOSNY) reviewed the plant's nuclear and radiation safety measures. The experts determined the first power-generating unit was safe and met the requirements of Belarusian laws, Russian laws and international recommendations related to the use of nuclear energy and sources of nuclear radiation.
Belarus began construction on the facilities for the first power-generating unit in November. The power plant will have two power-generating units with a total generating capacity of up to 2,400 megawatts. Approximately five percent of the construction work was complete, as of April 4.
OAO NIAEP - ZAO Atomstroyexport (ASE), a Russian company, is the general designer and contractor for construction.
The unit is expected to launch in November 2018, the Belarusian Telegraph Agency reports.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar