Nursultan Nazarbayev, the president of Kazakhstan, met with Igor Finogenov, the chairman of the management board at Eurasian Development Bank (EDB), on Thursday in Astana, Kazakhstan.
The attendees discussed the results of EDB operations in Kazakhstan, which were first established in 2006 by Kazakh and Russian authorities. EDB has invested more than $2 billion in Kazakhstan's economy since 2006, implementing 28 projects in the power, transport engineering and chemical sectors.
Nazarbayev welcomed EDB's investments and said performance indicators show the bank's positive influence.
Finogenov highlighted EDB's work to implement the framework of Kazakhstan's national and sectoral programs. He also spoke on the bank's involvement in advancing the country's financial market and its plans to issue securities.
The bank's headquarters plans to partner with second-tier banks to develop small- and medium-sized business financing in Kazakhstan.
Russia and Kazakhstan founded EDB in January 2006 to facilitate economic ties and expand mutual trade between the two partners.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar