Moody's international rating agency recently published a report confirming the Uzbek banking system as stable for the fifth consecutive year.
Moody's said the stable forecast is based on the high rate of economic growth in Uzbekistan and the considerable volume of investments. Uzbekistan's annual economic growth rates exhibited significantly lower volatility than growth in other CIS nations due to diversification, the Uzbekistan National News Agency reports.
The report found steady dynamics in the quality of assets of Uzbek banks, particularly the encouraging trends in capital investments, suggesting stability in the assets.
The total sum of assets of Uzbekistan's commercial banks increased by 30 percent in 2013. Uzbek commercial bank assets grew 3.6 times in the past five years. Targeted measures meant to boost the capitalization of the banking system also helped the aggregate capital of banks to grow 3.5 times during the same time period.
Uzbekistan's level of capital adequacy in the banking system is three times as high as the universal international standards.
Current liquidity in Uzbek banks exceeded 65 percent in the past few years, which is twice as much as the fixed minimum.
Moody's suggested that Uzbekistan's high economic growth rates will ensure a favorable operating environment for banks for the next 12-18 months, the Uzbekistan National News Agency reports.
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: Investment Plan for Europe: the EIB and Grifols sign a new loan agreement to advance research on rare and chronic diseases
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Eurasian Development Bank and Kazyna Capital Management signed an agreement on cooperation
- BANK ZENIT - RUSSIA: Banking Group ZENIT announced its financial results under IFRS for the six months of 2018
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Remotely Refines its Personal Data
- BANK OF GEORGIA: With the general partnership of the Bank of Georgia, the traditional horse racing "Baccharo Cup 2018" was held to popularize the resort Bakhmaro
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Philippine PPP Policy Gets a Boost from ADB's $300 Million Loan
- AG BANK: AGBank congratulates the people of Azerbaijan with the state attribute on the 26th anniversary of manat!
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: New ABN AMRO campaign highlights sustainable business