President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev recently received a delegation of U.S. congressmen led by Rep. Ed Royce (R-Calif.), the chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee.
Royce praised the successful cooperation between the two countries in areas such as energy, the fight against terrorism and Afghanistan. Aliyev also expressed satisfaction with the development of bilateral relations between Azerbaijan and the United States, the Azerbaijan State Telegraph Agency reports.
Aliyev said Azerbaijan attaches great importance to expanding cooperation between the legislative bodies of the two countries. He also addressed the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia.
Armenian armed forces continue to occupy 20 percent of Azerbaijan's land, resulting in more than a million Azerbaijani refugees and internally displaced persons. Aliyev said it is important that the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe's Minsk Group take concrete steps towards settling the conflict within the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan.
The two sides agreed that the delegation's visit was a good opportunity for the congressmen to familiarize themselves with Azerbaijan, as well as to define new areas for future cooperation, the Azerbaijan State Telegraph Agency reports.
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On holding auctions on attracting funds by the Central Bank
- UNICREDIT - AZERBAIJAN: UniCredit launches first ETFs combining factor strategy with ESG criteria on European equities
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: AIIB, EBRD and BSTDB co-finance expansion of Turkey’s largest geothermal power plant
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Belarus wants to deepen economic ties with Latvia
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Open Government Partnership Initiative Working Group Holds Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: France: Derichebourg receives EIB financing of 130 million euros under the Juncker Plan
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: IMF Executive Board Completes the Second Review under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and Approves US$25 Million Disbursement to Burkina Faso
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Salary Card with 70% Discount
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sells 60 Million Lari Dual-Tranche Domestic Bonds in Georgia