President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev recently received a delegation of U.S. congressmen led by Rep. Ed Royce (R-Calif.), the chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee.
Royce praised the successful cooperation between the two countries in areas such as energy, the fight against terrorism and Afghanistan. Aliyev also expressed satisfaction with the development of bilateral relations between Azerbaijan and the United States, the Azerbaijan State Telegraph Agency reports.
Aliyev said Azerbaijan attaches great importance to expanding cooperation between the legislative bodies of the two countries. He also addressed the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia.
Armenian armed forces continue to occupy 20 percent of Azerbaijan's land, resulting in more than a million Azerbaijani refugees and internally displaced persons. Aliyev said it is important that the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe's Minsk Group take concrete steps towards settling the conflict within the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan.
The two sides agreed that the delegation's visit was a good opportunity for the congressmen to familiarize themselves with Azerbaijan, as well as to define new areas for future cooperation, the Azerbaijan State Telegraph Agency reports.
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: EU budget debate ahead of crucial summit
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK: FUIB has opened a branch in Gorishni Plavni
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Unveils Venture Platform to Invest in Impact Technology Startups
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: EDB will expand its presence in Kazakhstan
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Belarus president talks about viability of alternative oil delivery options
- PROMIVESTBANK - UKRAINE: For clients of Prominvestbank PJSC
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Registration Opens for ADB's 53rd Annual Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: European Commission and EIB Group join forces to boost space sector investment with EUR 200 million of financing
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: The National Bank has agreed on the terms and conditions of activity of Ukraine's Clear Junction international payment system
- INTERNATIONAL MONERTARY FUND: Andorra Applies for IMF Membership