Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan, hosted Startup Weekend on Friday-Sunday, an event that attracted entrepreneurs, marketing specialists, designers and programmers from around the world.
The event offered opportunities to young specialists to demonstrate their inventions and services as part of the biggest information and communications technology event in Azerbaijan and the Caspian region, the Azerbaijan State Telegraph Agency reports.
The Baku event sought to allow entrepreneurs to build their network, learn new skills, meet with leaders in their field, join a global community and launch a business.
Startup Weekend is a global grassroots movement of entrepreneurs who are learning the basics of founding startups and launching successful ventures. The movement has had more than 400 past events in 100 countries worldwide.
The non-profit organization is headquartered in Seattle, but Startup Weekend organizers and facilitators can be found in more than 200 cities around the world. The movement is bringing people together for weekend long workshops to pitch ideas and start companies, the Azerbaijan State Telegraph Agency reports.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar