Azerbaijan is working to improve its competitiveness, the welfare of its citizens and its sustainable economic growth through economic diversification and modernization.
The country saw an 8.8 percent increase in its non-oil gross domestic product between January and March. Its non-oil economy amounted to 11.4 percent for the same period last year, AzerNews reports.
Azerbaijan seeks to achieve successful economic diversification to provide macroeconomic and political stability, as well as an acceptable investment climate. Diversification will also help make available currency reserves, ensuring the country's financial independence. It could help create a unique model for the development of the non-oil sector and help Azerbaijan expand its products to a world market.
President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev recently said that Azerbaijan is one of the most dynamic and successfully developing countries worldwide. He said the oil and gas sector gives the country a comparative advantage in world trade.
"(I have) repeatedly stated that we certainly need to use our financial resources for the development of our economy, entrepreneurship and infrastructure projects, but at the same time our foreign exchange reserves should continue to grow every year," Aliyev said, according to AzerNews.
Azerbaijan is ranked 39th among world countries in global competitiveness, AzerNews reports.
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank
- THE WORLD BANK: Sri Lanka Has the Potential to More Than Double Its Exports to South Asia
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT: BSTDB launched a call for expression of interest for website design services
- SEB - UKRAINE: SEB joins finance- and sustainability board
- SOBINBANK - RUSSIA: New features of the DBO Bank-Client
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Anastasia Bushueva Appointed Chief Accountant - Director of Accounting and Reporting Department of Rosbank
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: Bank URALSIB entered the Top 10 media ratings of Russian banks in August
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"