Azerbaijan is working to improve its competitiveness, the welfare of its citizens and its sustainable economic growth through economic diversification and modernization.
The country saw an 8.8 percent increase in its non-oil gross domestic product between January and March. Its non-oil economy amounted to 11.4 percent for the same period last year, AzerNews reports.
Azerbaijan seeks to achieve successful economic diversification to provide macroeconomic and political stability, as well as an acceptable investment climate. Diversification will also help make available currency reserves, ensuring the country's financial independence. It could help create a unique model for the development of the non-oil sector and help Azerbaijan expand its products to a world market.
President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev recently said that Azerbaijan is one of the most dynamic and successfully developing countries worldwide. He said the oil and gas sector gives the country a comparative advantage in world trade.
"(I have) repeatedly stated that we certainly need to use our financial resources for the development of our economy, entrepreneurship and infrastructure projects, but at the same time our foreign exchange reserves should continue to grow every year," Aliyev said, according to AzerNews.
Azerbaijan is ranked 39th among world countries in global competitiveness, AzerNews reports.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar