Oklahoma's State Senate recently passed a resolution that commemorates the state's partnership with Azerbaijan and calls on the federal government to strengthen its relationship with the country.
The resolution commemorated the 11th anniversary of Oklahoma's partnership with Azerbaijan and called on the U.S. to focus on ways to improve bilateral relations, including in directing distribution, security, defense, culture, energy, trade, economics and politics, the Azerbaijan State Telegraph Agency reports.
Sen. Tom Ivester (D-26th) introduced the resolution, which was signed by all members of Oklahoma's upper chamber. It later passed at a session attended by top ranking officials at the Oklahoma Military Department and a delegation of the Azerbaijani Embassy in Washington.
The resolution said Azerbaijan plays an important part in the Eurasian energy market and serves as a reliable partner for global energy security. It praised Azerbaijan as a role model of intercultural exchange.
Brig. Gen. Gregory Ferguson, the chief of staff of the Oklahoma Air National Guard, said Azerbaijan was the United States' major strategic partner in the region.
Ambassador Elin Suleymanov expressed confidence that the resolution would be a solid foundation to further develop a relationship between Azerbaijan and the state of Oklahoma, the Azerbaijan State Telegraph Agency reports.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar