Oklahoma's State Senate recently passed a resolution that commemorates the state's partnership with Azerbaijan and calls on the federal government to strengthen its relationship with the country.
The resolution commemorated the 11th anniversary of Oklahoma's partnership with Azerbaijan and called on the U.S. to focus on ways to improve bilateral relations, including in directing distribution, security, defense, culture, energy, trade, economics and politics, the Azerbaijan State Telegraph Agency reports.
Sen. Tom Ivester (D-26th) introduced the resolution, which was signed by all members of Oklahoma's upper chamber. It later passed at a session attended by top ranking officials at the Oklahoma Military Department and a delegation of the Azerbaijani Embassy in Washington.
The resolution said Azerbaijan plays an important part in the Eurasian energy market and serves as a reliable partner for global energy security. It praised Azerbaijan as a role model of intercultural exchange.
Brig. Gen. Gregory Ferguson, the chief of staff of the Oklahoma Air National Guard, said Azerbaijan was the United States' major strategic partner in the region.
Ambassador Elin Suleymanov expressed confidence that the resolution would be a solid foundation to further develop a relationship between Azerbaijan and the state of Oklahoma, the Azerbaijan State Telegraph Agency reports.
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Deifnes A Panel of Judges for the Climate Changemakers Awards
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB has allocated US $ 78 million to improve sections of regional roads in the Kyrgyz Republic
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank Participates in Expo Dedicated to "International Day of Savings"
- ARMSWISSBANK - ARMENIA: ARMSWISSBANK CJSC Made a Payment of AMSWISB23ER3 Corporate Coupon Bond
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank will pay 50 children for rehabilitation courses
- AMERICAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE IN KAZAKHSTAN: International Centre for Parliamentary Studies: Strategic Management and Leadership programme - 4th - 8th March 2019 | London, UK
- AG BANK: AGBank has prepared 2 new campaigns for its valuable customers
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank
- THE WORLD BANK: Sri Lanka Has the Potential to More Than Double Its Exports to South Asia