Muhr und Bender KG, also known as Mubea, announced on Thursday that it opened a $27.6 million manufacturing plant in the Manisa Organized Industrial Zone in Turkey's Aegean region.
The new facility is the German automotive supplier's first greenfield investment in Turkey, following its commission in September. The plant will focus on the production of suspension coil springs and stabilizer bars, components that were previously imported to Turkey.
The plant has an annual capacity of 3.5 million spring coils, while plans for doubling the annual output are already underway.
Mubea's current customer portfolio in Turkey's domestic market includes Renault, Ford and Toyota. The company is seeking $5.53 million in exports.
Jörg Neubrand, a board member with Mubea, said the company is number one in the sector and that it is looking forward to boosting its global presence with its Turkish clients.
The Investment Support and Promotion Agency of Turkey (ISPAT) supported Mubea during its investment stages.
- THE WORLD BANK: Sri Lanka Has the Potential to More Than Double Its Exports to South Asia
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT: BSTDB launched a call for expression of interest for website design services
- SEB - UKRAINE: SEB joins finance- and sustainability board
- SOBINBANK - RUSSIA: New features of the DBO Bank-Client
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Anastasia Bushueva Appointed Chief Accountant - Director of Accounting and Reporting Department of Rosbank
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: Bank URALSIB entered the Top 10 media ratings of Russian banks in August
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: Investment Plan for Europe: the EIB and Grifols sign a new loan agreement to advance research on rare and chronic diseases
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Eurasian Development Bank and Kazyna Capital Management signed an agreement on cooperation