Muhr und Bender KG, also known as Mubea, announced on Thursday that it opened a $27.6 million manufacturing plant in the Manisa Organized Industrial Zone in Turkey's Aegean region.
The new facility is the German automotive supplier's first greenfield investment in Turkey, following its commission in September. The plant will focus on the production of suspension coil springs and stabilizer bars, components that were previously imported to Turkey.
The plant has an annual capacity of 3.5 million spring coils, while plans for doubling the annual output are already underway.
Mubea's current customer portfolio in Turkey's domestic market includes Renault, Ford and Toyota. The company is seeking $5.53 million in exports.
Jörg Neubrand, a board member with Mubea, said the company is number one in the sector and that it is looking forward to boosting its global presence with its Turkish clients.
The Investment Support and Promotion Agency of Turkey (ISPAT) supported Mubea during its investment stages.
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: End-of-term assessment for the Juncker Commission
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: A meeting of the delegation of the Eurasian Fund for Stabilization and Development with the World Bank team
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: URALSIB Bank took 15th place among banks in the RAEX-600 rating
- PRAVEX BAANK - UKRAINE: PRAVEX BANK joins EBRD Trade Facilitation Program to support foreign economic activity of Ukrainian exporters and importers
- PROMSVYAZBANK - RUSSIA: IE on USN 6% can pay taxes through the mobile application "PSB My Business"
- AG BANK: AGBank ASC is expanding its ATM network
- ATA BANK - AZERBAIJAN: It's time to make your trade online with AtaBank
- BTA BANK - KAZAKHSTAN: Regarding the seizure of property of the companies, controlled by M.K. Ablyazov
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank to continue supporting SMEs
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank Participates in Banking Union of Armenia "Financial Literacy and Skills" Program