Muhr und Bender KG, also known as Mubea, announced on Thursday that it opened a $27.6 million manufacturing plant in the Manisa Organized Industrial Zone in Turkey's Aegean region.
The new facility is the German automotive supplier's first greenfield investment in Turkey, following its commission in September. The plant will focus on the production of suspension coil springs and stabilizer bars, components that were previously imported to Turkey.
The plant has an annual capacity of 3.5 million spring coils, while plans for doubling the annual output are already underway.
Mubea's current customer portfolio in Turkey's domestic market includes Renault, Ford and Toyota. The company is seeking $5.53 million in exports.
Jörg Neubrand, a board member with Mubea, said the company is number one in the sector and that it is looking forward to boosting its global presence with its Turkish clients.
The Investment Support and Promotion Agency of Turkey (ISPAT) supported Mubea during its investment stages.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar