The World Bank announced the results on Tuesday of its program to modernize municipal infrastructure in Ukraine.
The Urban Infrastructure Project (UIP) targeted priority energy-efficient investments in water and sanitation infrastructure since its launch in August 2007. The project sought to move the utilities toward greater efficiency and more cost-effective service provision in 14 cities.
Sub-projects in eight cities were already completed, and by the closing date in September, improved water and sanitation services will have reached four million citizens.
"I think the people will be satisfied with the quality of water and above all that it is supplied around the clock," Lyudmyla Kovalyova, the mayor of Boryspil, Ukraine, said.
Average energy savings in UIP utilities reached approximately 27 percent. The project also resulted in the reconstruction of 418 water and sewer pumping stations, the procurement of 44 units of specialized automotive vehicles, and the business plan development of three participating utilities to improve their strategic planning and decision-making practices.
The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) contributed a $140 million loan to fund the project.
- BTA BANK - KAZAKHASTAN: JSC BTA Bank rating assignment
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Deifnes A Panel of Judges for the Climate Changemakers Awards
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB has allocated US $ 78 million to improve sections of regional roads in the Kyrgyz Republic
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank Participates in Expo Dedicated to "International Day of Savings"
- ARMSWISSBANK - ARMENIA: ARMSWISSBANK CJSC Made a Payment of AMSWISB23ER3 Corporate Coupon Bond
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank will pay 50 children for rehabilitation courses
- AMERICAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE IN KAZAKHSTAN: International Centre for Parliamentary Studies: Strategic Management and Leadership programme - 4th - 8th March 2019 | London, UK
- AG BANK: AGBank has prepared 2 new campaigns for its valuable customers
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank