The U.S. State Department recently announced that the Southern Gas Corridor would play a role in transporting Azerbaijani gas to southern Europe and ensuring energy security.
Carlos Pascual, the department's special envoy and coordinator for international energy affairs, made the remarks during a presentation at the Atlantic Council called "Crisis in Ukraine: Energy Factor," AzerNews reports.
The gas produced at the second stage of Azerbaijan's Shah Deniz field development will be the main source of the Southern Gas Corridor. The corridor is meant to transport Caspian gas to European markets.
The Shah Deniz consortium announced the selection of the Trans Adriatic Pipeline as the main route for transporting its gas to Europe in late June. Nabucco West was an alternative pipeline competing for Azerbaijan's gas transportation to Europe.
Pascual also discussed gas supply disruptions in Europe, legal aspects impeding the sale of imported gas to the third countries and shortcomings in Europe's energy security.
He said Europe's demand for liquid petroleum gas is 11,887 gallons, but the volume is expected to rise in the future, AzerNews reports.
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank
- THE WORLD BANK: Sri Lanka Has the Potential to More Than Double Its Exports to South Asia
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT: BSTDB launched a call for expression of interest for website design services
- SEB - UKRAINE: SEB joins finance- and sustainability board
- SOBINBANK - RUSSIA: New features of the DBO Bank-Client
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Anastasia Bushueva Appointed Chief Accountant - Director of Accounting and Reporting Department of Rosbank
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: Bank URALSIB entered the Top 10 media ratings of Russian banks in August
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"