The U.S. State Department recently announced that the Southern Gas Corridor would play a role in transporting Azerbaijani gas to southern Europe and ensuring energy security.
Carlos Pascual, the department's special envoy and coordinator for international energy affairs, made the remarks during a presentation at the Atlantic Council called "Crisis in Ukraine: Energy Factor," AzerNews reports.
The gas produced at the second stage of Azerbaijan's Shah Deniz field development will be the main source of the Southern Gas Corridor. The corridor is meant to transport Caspian gas to European markets.
The Shah Deniz consortium announced the selection of the Trans Adriatic Pipeline as the main route for transporting its gas to Europe in late June. Nabucco West was an alternative pipeline competing for Azerbaijan's gas transportation to Europe.
Pascual also discussed gas supply disruptions in Europe, legal aspects impeding the sale of imported gas to the third countries and shortcomings in Europe's energy security.
He said Europe's demand for liquid petroleum gas is 11,887 gallons, but the volume is expected to rise in the future, AzerNews reports.
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On holding auctions on attracting funds by the Central Bank
- UNICREDIT - AZERBAIJAN: UniCredit launches first ETFs combining factor strategy with ESG criteria on European equities
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: AIIB, EBRD and BSTDB co-finance expansion of Turkey’s largest geothermal power plant
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Belarus wants to deepen economic ties with Latvia
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Open Government Partnership Initiative Working Group Holds Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: France: Derichebourg receives EIB financing of 130 million euros under the Juncker Plan
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: IMF Executive Board Completes the Second Review under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and Approves US$25 Million Disbursement to Burkina Faso
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Salary Card with 70% Discount
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sells 60 Million Lari Dual-Tranche Domestic Bonds in Georgia