The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Republic of Armenia announced on Wednesday that it held a business forum this week with the Polish-Armenian Chamber of Commerce.
Martin Sargsyan, the president of RA CCI and a member of the Armenian National Assembly, said that trade turnover between the two countries increased in 2013 compared with the previous year. Armenia imports dairy products, sugar, confectioneries, medicines, essential oils, pipes and plastic items from Poland.
Armenia's exports to Poland include synthetic rubber, fibers, aluminum foil, cigarettes and alcoholic drinks.
Sargsyan and Maciej Bohosiewicz, the general director of the Polish-Armenian Chamber of Commerce signed a cooperation agreement during the forum.
Zdzislaw Raczynski, Poland's ambassador to Armenia, said that Poland is keen to increase trade turnover. Both sides said they would like to increase bilateral trade further.
Polish businessmen at the forum represented a wide range of sectors, including textiles, construction, furniture and meat production.
Approximately 92,000 Armenians currently live in Poland, with most of them having emigrated from Armenia in the last 10-15 years.
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On holding auctions on attracting funds by the Central Bank
- UNICREDIT - AZERBAIJAN: UniCredit launches first ETFs combining factor strategy with ESG criteria on European equities
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: AIIB, EBRD and BSTDB co-finance expansion of Turkey’s largest geothermal power plant
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Belarus wants to deepen economic ties with Latvia
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Open Government Partnership Initiative Working Group Holds Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: France: Derichebourg receives EIB financing of 130 million euros under the Juncker Plan
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: IMF Executive Board Completes the Second Review under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and Approves US$25 Million Disbursement to Burkina Faso
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Salary Card with 70% Discount
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sells 60 Million Lari Dual-Tranche Domestic Bonds in Georgia