The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Republic of Armenia announced on Wednesday that it held a business forum this week with the Polish-Armenian Chamber of Commerce.
Martin Sargsyan, the president of RA CCI and a member of the Armenian National Assembly, said that trade turnover between the two countries increased in 2013 compared with the previous year. Armenia imports dairy products, sugar, confectioneries, medicines, essential oils, pipes and plastic items from Poland.
Armenia's exports to Poland include synthetic rubber, fibers, aluminum foil, cigarettes and alcoholic drinks.
Sargsyan and Maciej Bohosiewicz, the general director of the Polish-Armenian Chamber of Commerce signed a cooperation agreement during the forum.
Zdzislaw Raczynski, Poland's ambassador to Armenia, said that Poland is keen to increase trade turnover. Both sides said they would like to increase bilateral trade further.
Polish businessmen at the forum represented a wide range of sectors, including textiles, construction, furniture and meat production.
Approximately 92,000 Armenians currently live in Poland, with most of them having emigrated from Armenia in the last 10-15 years.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, Tonga Sign Grant Agreement for Ongoing Urban Project
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Order a free Idram Rocket Visa Card and get 2 KinoPark invitations
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: French-Armenian Doctors Program in Tavush
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On results of deposit auction on attraction of funds by the Central Bank
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Card tariffs
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB President Reaffirms Strong Support to Maldives
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Rosbank will keep zero service fee for money transfers via Faster Payments System
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies