The State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic said on Tuesday that it is the largest foreign investor in Turkey.
Kenan Yavuz, the head of SOCAR in Turkey, said the company's direct investments could reach $20 billion as a result of upcoming projects. Recent transactions lifted Azerbaijan up to become Turkey's largest direct investor, News.az reports.
"SOCAR's direct investments exceeded $14.9 billion made into the Turkish economy during 1923-2003,'' Yavuz said, according to News.az. "With the projects in the power engineering and petro-chemistry, Azerbaijan became Turkey's largest foreign investor."
SOCAR Turkey Enerji A.s and SOCAR International DMCC OGG acquired a 10.32 percent stake in the Petkim petrochemical complex on March 30, 2012. The acquisition increased SOCAR's stakes to 61.32 percent. Approximately 38 percent of Petkim's shares are in free circulation on the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
Petkim Petrokimya Holding manufactures plastic packaging, fabric, PVC and detergents. It is the only Turkish producer of such products. Petkim exports a quarter of its products, News.az reports.
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: The Central Bank trained primary school teachers as a pilot project
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Belarusian Foreign Ministry hosts a round table on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the modern Belarusian diplomatic service
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank and singapore-Based EFA Financial Institutions Debt Fund PTE. LTD. Investment Company Signed a Loan Agreement
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sends Condolences to Indonesia in Wake of Tsunami Disaster
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank announces New Year deposit
- AG BANK: Happy birthday, Mr. President!
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Hurry up! The action started on mortgage loans in GEL!
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Opening hours for the Christmas holidays