The World Bank recently announced that the 4th Russia Education Aid for Development Global Conference will be held on May 12-16 in St. Petersburg, Russia.
The theme of the 4th READ Global Conference is "Measuring for Success." The conference will offer an opportunity to explore many different learning goals, including the importance of assessment in monitoring and achieving learning objectives.
The conference will also include a presentation on the READ Trust Fund program which has had a significant impact at the country and global levels over the past five years.
The READ Trust Fund program was established in 2008 as a collaboration between the World Bank and the government of the Russian Federation. The program designs and implements systems for student assessment to improve education quality and learning outcomes in low-income countries.
Participants in the 2014 conference will include representatives from eight target READ countries, experts in the area of education and assessment, World Bank staff, donors, and government officials.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar