The National Bank of Ukraine held a meeting on Monday with officials from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
Stepan Kubiv, the governor of the NBU, held talks with Sevki Acuner, the EBRD's director for Ukraine, and Oleksandr Pavlov, the EBRD's senior banker. The meeting was about the Ukrainian banking sector and potential support from the EBRD for the NBU and the Deposit Guarantee Fund.
Kubiv detailed steps the NBU has taken to push through financial sector reforms that redress existing imbalances and ensure the reliable operation of Ukraine's banking system.
Acuner confirmed the EBRD's commitment to its cooperation with Ukraine and to providing financial resources needed to reform the Ukrainian economy and banking sector. He said that a new country strategy for Ukraine was approved at a recent session of the EBRD's board of directors. The strategy includes private sector and public sector projects on top of technical assistance and advisory services.
The EBRD remains one of the largest regional institutional investors in Ukraine. The International Monetary Fund and the World Bank previously agreed to provide financial resources to Kiev on a bilateral basis.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about International Monetary Fund ?
Next time we write about International Monetary Fund, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar