The National Bank of Ukraine held a meeting on Monday with officials from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
Stepan Kubiv, the governor of the NBU, held talks with Sevki Acuner, the EBRD's director for Ukraine, and Oleksandr Pavlov, the EBRD's senior banker. The meeting was about the Ukrainian banking sector and potential support from the EBRD for the NBU and the Deposit Guarantee Fund.
Kubiv detailed steps the NBU has taken to push through financial sector reforms that redress existing imbalances and ensure the reliable operation of Ukraine's banking system.
Acuner confirmed the EBRD's commitment to its cooperation with Ukraine and to providing financial resources needed to reform the Ukrainian economy and banking sector. He said that a new country strategy for Ukraine was approved at a recent session of the EBRD's board of directors. The strategy includes private sector and public sector projects on top of technical assistance and advisory services.
The EBRD remains one of the largest regional institutional investors in Ukraine. The International Monetary Fund and the World Bank previously agreed to provide financial resources to Kiev on a bilateral basis.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about International Monetary Fund ?
Next time we write about International Monetary Fund, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BTA BANK - KAZAKHASTAN: JSC BTA Bank rating assignment
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Deifnes A Panel of Judges for the Climate Changemakers Awards
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB has allocated US $ 78 million to improve sections of regional roads in the Kyrgyz Republic
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank Participates in Expo Dedicated to "International Day of Savings"
- ARMSWISSBANK - ARMENIA: ARMSWISSBANK CJSC Made a Payment of AMSWISB23ER3 Corporate Coupon Bond
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank will pay 50 children for rehabilitation courses
- AMERICAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE IN KAZAKHSTAN: International Centre for Parliamentary Studies: Strategic Management and Leadership programme - 4th - 8th March 2019 | London, UK
- AG BANK: AGBank has prepared 2 new campaigns for its valuable customers
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank