The government of the Republic of Armenia said on Thursday that it is taking steps to promote small and medium-size enterprises in the information technology sector.
Armenia joined the U.N. Industrial Development Organization's "Clean Technologies for SMEs" worldwide program in February 2013. It was the first Eastern European country to join the program. Clean Technologies for SMEs seeks to promote a clean technology-based innovative business environment, enforce an ecosystem for clean technologies and strengthen national policies aimed at improving SMEs and maximizing the institutional system's potential.
The SME sector accounts for more than 40 percent of Armenia's gross domestic product and approximately 20 percent of total exports.
The national program's partners are the Ministry of Economy, the Ministry of Nature Protection, the Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources, and the Ministry of Agriculture.
Armenia will implement the program with the assistance of the Enterprise Incubator Foundation and SME DNC. Program events such as the Digitech Expo, the Digitech Business Forum and ArmTech are meant to demonstrate the achievements of the Armenian IT sector and the result of cooperation between the government, the private sector, academia, educational institutions and donor organizations.
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank
- THE WORLD BANK: Sri Lanka Has the Potential to More Than Double Its Exports to South Asia
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT: BSTDB launched a call for expression of interest for website design services
- SEB - UKRAINE: SEB joins finance- and sustainability board
- SOBINBANK - RUSSIA: New features of the DBO Bank-Client
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Anastasia Bushueva Appointed Chief Accountant - Director of Accounting and Reporting Department of Rosbank
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: Bank URALSIB entered the Top 10 media ratings of Russian banks in August
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"