B&N Bank acquired 100 percent of Moskomprivatbank's shares from Ukrainian PrivatBank on Wednesday as part of the bank's strategy for retail business expansion.
Moskomprivatbank has an estimated value of $168 million, which includes a subordinated loan. The settlements will be affected by the monetary funds and Ukrainian assets of Mikail Shishkhanov, the majority shareholder of B&N Bank.
B&N Bank received a $336 million loan from Deposit Insurance Agency to maintain Moskomprivatbank's liquidity and implement a project related to the creation of the credit institution's independent information technology infrastructure.
The Central Bank of the Russian Federation also approved the rehabilitation procedure of Moskomprivatbank, under which B&N Bank will act as an acquirer. The Central Bank imposed temporary administration on Moskomprivatbank in March, at which point DIA was assigned as Moskomprivatbank's temporary administrator.
Moskomprivatbank shareholders will elect new governing bodies during an upcoming general meeting. Control will be carried out under B&N Bank's control after new governing bodies are elected.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar