Belorusneft announced on Friday that it will be doubling the number of filling stations it has running on solar power by the end of 2014.
Belorusneft is the biggest oil product retailer in Belarus. The development will put one solar-powered forecourt in each of the country's eight oblasts.
The company introduced its latest solar-powered facility in Lepel in late March. The station generates power using a 10 kilowatt photovoltaic power plant which includes 40 solar panels on the roof. The station generates power even in cloudy conditions, though in a smaller amount.
Belorusneft will upgrade 15 forecourts it 2014. There are also plans to build 18 more filling stations. The company modernized six facilities last year.
Belorusneft was founded in 1966. The company specializes in the surveying, prospecting and development of oil fields, well drilling, oil extraction and associated petroleum extraction in such countries as Belarus, Russia, Ukraine and Venezuela.
- PROMSVYAZBANK - RUSSIA: Mutual funds of Promsvyaz management company entered the list of the best in terms of management quality
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Global Finance recognizes Converse Bank as the Best Trade Finance Provider in Armenia
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On Results of Deposit Auction to Attract Funds by the Central Bank
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Chairman of the Board of the EDB Andrei Belyaninov headed the department at REU named after G. V. Plekhanova
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: EU budget debate ahead of crucial summit
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK: FUIB has opened a branch in Gorishni Plavni
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Unveils Venture Platform to Invest in Impact Technology Startups
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: EDB will expand its presence in Kazakhstan
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Belarus president talks about viability of alternative oil delivery options
- PROMIVESTBANK - UKRAINE: For clients of Prominvestbank PJSC