Belorusneft announced on Friday that it will be doubling the number of filling stations it has running on solar power by the end of 2014.
Belorusneft is the biggest oil product retailer in Belarus. The development will put one solar-powered forecourt in each of the country's eight oblasts.
The company introduced its latest solar-powered facility in Lepel in late March. The station generates power using a 10 kilowatt photovoltaic power plant which includes 40 solar panels on the roof. The station generates power even in cloudy conditions, though in a smaller amount.
Belorusneft will upgrade 15 forecourts it 2014. There are also plans to build 18 more filling stations. The company modernized six facilities last year.
Belorusneft was founded in 1966. The company specializes in the surveying, prospecting and development of oil fields, well drilling, oil extraction and associated petroleum extraction in such countries as Belarus, Russia, Ukraine and Venezuela.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, Tonga Sign Grant Agreement for Ongoing Urban Project
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Order a free Idram Rocket Visa Card and get 2 KinoPark invitations
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: French-Armenian Doctors Program in Tavush
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On results of deposit auction on attraction of funds by the Central Bank
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Card tariffs
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB President Reaffirms Strong Support to Maldives
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Rosbank will keep zero service fee for money transfers via Faster Payments System
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies