Governor of the National Bank of Ukraine Stepan Kubiv held a final meeting on Monday with a World Bank mission team.
The mission worked in Ukraine on March 24-28 to identify the priorities and main areas of focus for financial sector reforms that could be supported by the World Bank. It was headed by Aleksandr Pankov, the World Bank's sector leader for financial and private sector development in Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova.
The World Bank Group announced its support for structural reforms in Ukraine and pledged its readiness to provide a financial aid package worth up to $3 billion to foster Ukraine's economic development.
The assistance will come as part of systemic and investment projects supported by the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development. It will also come from programs funded by the International Finance Corporation in the banking sector, in addition to agribusiness, infrastructure and other industries. The package includes the provision of technical assistance and advisory services.
The World Bank's financial aid program will focus on restoring Ukraine's macroeconomic stability, making the banking sector more resilient, reforming the energy sector, restricting corruption, enhancing accountability, improving the investment climate, and providing targeted social assistance to the most vulnerable.
The World Bank team's visit to Ukraine coincided with the conclusion of a visit by an International Monetary Fund mission that had worked in Ukraine to prepare an economic reform program that will be worth $14-18 billion.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about International Monetary Fund ?
Next time we write about International Monetary Fund, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar