Governor of the National Bank of Ukraine Stepan Kubiv held a final meeting on Monday with a World Bank mission team.
The mission worked in Ukraine on March 24-28 to identify the priorities and main areas of focus for financial sector reforms that could be supported by the World Bank. It was headed by Aleksandr Pankov, the World Bank's sector leader for financial and private sector development in Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova.
The World Bank Group announced its support for structural reforms in Ukraine and pledged its readiness to provide a financial aid package worth up to $3 billion to foster Ukraine's economic development.
The assistance will come as part of systemic and investment projects supported by the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development. It will also come from programs funded by the International Finance Corporation in the banking sector, in addition to agribusiness, infrastructure and other industries. The package includes the provision of technical assistance and advisory services.
The World Bank's financial aid program will focus on restoring Ukraine's macroeconomic stability, making the banking sector more resilient, reforming the energy sector, restricting corruption, enhancing accountability, improving the investment climate, and providing targeted social assistance to the most vulnerable.
The World Bank team's visit to Ukraine coincided with the conclusion of a visit by an International Monetary Fund mission that had worked in Ukraine to prepare an economic reform program that will be worth $14-18 billion.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about International Monetary Fund ?
Next time we write about International Monetary Fund, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: Investment Plan for Europe: the EIB and Grifols sign a new loan agreement to advance research on rare and chronic diseases
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Eurasian Development Bank and Kazyna Capital Management signed an agreement on cooperation
- BANK ZENIT - RUSSIA: Banking Group ZENIT announced its financial results under IFRS for the six months of 2018
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Remotely Refines its Personal Data
- BANK OF GEORGIA: With the general partnership of the Bank of Georgia, the traditional horse racing "Baccharo Cup 2018" was held to popularize the resort Bakhmaro
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Philippine PPP Policy Gets a Boost from ADB's $300 Million Loan
- AG BANK: AGBank congratulates the people of Azerbaijan with the state attribute on the 26th anniversary of manat!
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: New ABN AMRO campaign highlights sustainable business