Alfa-Bank announced on Thursday that its long term credit rating was affirmed by Standard & Poor's at BB+ with a stable outlook.
The bank received a stable rating on Tuesday despite Russia's sovereign rating being revised to negative.
Alfa-Bank's systemic importance level was also raised by S&P to high.
S&P increased Alfa-Bank's probability of needing government support as well, citing increased market shares, a vast client base and the bank's critical role in the Russian payment system.
Alfa-Bank said that it offers a high level of liquidity, capitalization and asset quality. The bank's BB+ rating puts it among Russia's most sustainable banks.
Alfa-Bank is Russia's largest private bank in terms of total assets, customer accounts, total equity and loan portfolio.
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank
- THE WORLD BANK: Sri Lanka Has the Potential to More Than Double Its Exports to South Asia
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT: BSTDB launched a call for expression of interest for website design services
- SEB - UKRAINE: SEB joins finance- and sustainability board
- SOBINBANK - RUSSIA: New features of the DBO Bank-Client
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Anastasia Bushueva Appointed Chief Accountant - Director of Accounting and Reporting Department of Rosbank
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: Bank URALSIB entered the Top 10 media ratings of Russian banks in August
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"