The National Bank of Uzbekistan announced on Friday that Yoon Sang-jick, the South Korean minister of trade, industry and energy, will visit Uzbekistan in April.
Representatives from Uzbekistan's Ministry of Foreign Economic Relations, Investments and Trade recently held meetings with F. Kato, a Japanese ambassador, and Uk Hyun, a South Korean ambassador, to discuss the upcoming delegation. The attendees also spoke on expanding mutually beneficial trade, economic, investment, financial and technical relations between Uzbekistan, Japan and South Korea.
The goal of the meeting was to promote significant new joint projects with the participation of the leading companies of Japan and South Korea.
The representatives agreed to intensify cooperation between Uzbekistan and South Korea.
A South Korean delegation previously visited Uzbekistan on February 27. Ang Hyun-ho, the deputy chairman of the Korea International Trade Association, headed the delegation, which was meant to provide South Korean businessmen with information about Uzbekistan's investment climate.
Uzbekistan's economy is ranked 37th out of 42 countries in the Asia-Pacific region in terms of economic freedom, according to the Heritage Foundation. The country's gross domestic product is $104.7 billion.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar