Nordea announced on Monday that it will divest 20.7 percent of its stake in Nets Holding A/S to a consortium of funds advised by Advent International, Bain Capital and ATP.
The divestment will provide Nets with a strong, experienced owner and a clear strategic vision that Nordea said will potentially be necessary as the payments industry becomes more international and grows in complexity.
The total proceeds of Nordea's divestment will be approximately $650 million. This will lead to a tax-free capital gain of approximately $497 million to be recognized at the closing of the transaction.
Nordea's core tier 1 ratio is expected to be complemented by the transaction. The company will also receive the dividend for 2013 totaling approximately $20 million.
The transaction is expected to close in the second quarter of 2014. It is subject to customary regulatory approval.
Nordea is a financial services group headquartered in Stockholm. It has more than 1,400 branches.
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank
- THE WORLD BANK: Sri Lanka Has the Potential to More Than Double Its Exports to South Asia
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT: BSTDB launched a call for expression of interest for website design services
- SEB - UKRAINE: SEB joins finance- and sustainability board
- SOBINBANK - RUSSIA: New features of the DBO Bank-Client
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Anastasia Bushueva Appointed Chief Accountant - Director of Accounting and Reporting Department of Rosbank
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: Bank URALSIB entered the Top 10 media ratings of Russian banks in August
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"