Russia's VTB Bank recently announced that it will sponsor "Lady of the Camellias," a ballet opening in March at the Bolshoi Theatre in Moscow.
"Lady of the Camellias" is choreographer John Neumeier's adaptation of Alexandre Dumas' novel "La Dame aux Camelias." The ballet, which is set to the music of Frederic Chopin, is being performed in Russia for the first time.
The ballet was adapted for the Stuttgart Ballet in 1978. Neumeier produced a new version for the Hamburg Ballet three years later. "Lady of the Camellias" then became a hit for dance companies worldwide.
Svetlana Zakharova, the prima ballerina at Bolshoi, will appear in the Russian premiere alongside Edvin Revazov, a soloist from the Hamburg Ballet.
The production uses three sets of soloists and corps-de-ballet, in addition to 326 costumes created especially for the show. Jurgen Rose, a German stage designer, created the costumes and original sets of jewelry for the ballet.
VTB has made exclusive photo collections of the stage sets, articles on preparations for the show and interviews with the principal dancers available on its website.
VTB Bank has supported multiple major Bolshoi premieres and has been represented on the Bolshoi Theatre Board of Trustees since 2002. The bank is also involved in the non-profit Bolshoi Theatre Foundation.
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On holding auctions on attracting funds by the Central Bank
- UNICREDIT - AZERBAIJAN: UniCredit launches first ETFs combining factor strategy with ESG criteria on European equities
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: AIIB, EBRD and BSTDB co-finance expansion of Turkey’s largest geothermal power plant
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Belarus wants to deepen economic ties with Latvia
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Open Government Partnership Initiative Working Group Holds Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: France: Derichebourg receives EIB financing of 130 million euros under the Juncker Plan
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: IMF Executive Board Completes the Second Review under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and Approves US$25 Million Disbursement to Burkina Faso