The Azerbaijani State Statistics Committee announced on Thursday that the United Kingdom was the top foreign investor in Azerbaijan's economy in January and February with a total volume of 55.5 percent.
Great Britain's share in the total volume of foreign investments in Azerbaijan reached approximately $415.4 million in January and February. Ninety-one percent of the investments made by foreign countries and international organizations came from Great Britain, the U.S., Japan, Norway, Turkey and the Czech Republic, Trend.az reports.
The total volume of foreign investment in Azerbaijan's economy in January and February amounted to $750 million, which was similar to the volume of foreign investment in the same period last year.
The U.S. held second place on the list, accounting for 12.7 percent of foreign investments in the Azerbaijani economy. Japan was in third with 10.1 percent and Norway was in fifth with 5 percent. Turkey and the Czech Republic each accounted for 3.9 percent of the foreign investments in Azerbaijan's economy, according to Trend.az.
The World Bank invested $31.8 million, representing a share of 4.3 percent among the international financial institutions.
The Asian Development Bank allocated $20.28 million to implement projects in Azerbaijan in January and February, representing 2.7 percent of all foreign investments, Trend.az reports.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar