The Central Bank of Azerbaijan recently hosted an event to announce the list of participants in its exhibition of paintings and handicrafts on banking and finance created by high school students.
The bank sought to improve financial literacy among the young at the event. Children on hand learned necessary financial knowledge and skills related to financial management, savings, proper budget planning and spending.
Teaching children how to behave with and approach money in their earlier year can stimulate the development of the banking and financial sector, the bank said.
The event was part of Global Money Week, celebrated between March 10-17 to highlight the importance of financial education and financial literacy.
The exhibition was hosted by the bank, the Ministry of Education and the Reliable Future Youth Organization.
The Central Bank of Azerbaijan has paid special attention to events that increase financial and social education opportunities for children and the general public.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, Tonga Sign Grant Agreement for Ongoing Urban Project
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Order a free Idram Rocket Visa Card and get 2 KinoPark invitations
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: French-Armenian Doctors Program in Tavush
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On results of deposit auction on attraction of funds by the Central Bank
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Card tariffs
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB President Reaffirms Strong Support to Maldives
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Rosbank will keep zero service fee for money transfers via Faster Payments System
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies