The Central Bank of Azerbaijan recently hosted an event to announce the list of participants in its exhibition of paintings and handicrafts on banking and finance created by high school students.
The bank sought to improve financial literacy among the young at the event. Children on hand learned necessary financial knowledge and skills related to financial management, savings, proper budget planning and spending.
Teaching children how to behave with and approach money in their earlier year can stimulate the development of the banking and financial sector, the bank said.
The event was part of Global Money Week, celebrated between March 10-17 to highlight the importance of financial education and financial literacy.
The exhibition was hosted by the bank, the Ministry of Education and the Reliable Future Youth Organization.
The Central Bank of Azerbaijan has paid special attention to events that increase financial and social education opportunities for children and the general public.
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank
- THE WORLD BANK: Sri Lanka Has the Potential to More Than Double Its Exports to South Asia
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT: BSTDB launched a call for expression of interest for website design services
- SEB - UKRAINE: SEB joins finance- and sustainability board
- SOBINBANK - RUSSIA: New features of the DBO Bank-Client
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Anastasia Bushueva Appointed Chief Accountant - Director of Accounting and Reporting Department of Rosbank
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: Bank URALSIB entered the Top 10 media ratings of Russian banks in August
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"