Georgia's ProCredit Bank recently announced the appointment of Asmus Rotne as general director, replacing Sascha Ternes, who resigned earlier this month.
Rotne's career with the ProCredit group started in 2002 at ProCredit Bank Georgia, where he served as deputy general director. He later held the same position at ProCredit Bank Romania and then went on to become chairman of the management board of ProCredit Bank Moldova. Rotne then became the general director of ProCredit Bank Armenia in 2011.
"I am pleased that my career with the ProCredit group started in Georgia," Rotne said. "The activities of the ProCredit banks vary according to country-specific differences, but the main principles and business model of the ProCredit group remain the same in all countries of operation."
Rotne said ProCredit Bank is the house bank for small- and medium-sized enterprises.
"Along with my colleagues, we will continue to strengthen our position in the market and offer customers a wide range of high-quality services tailored to their needs," Rotne said.
Rotne received a bachelor's degree in political science from Aarhus University in Denmark in 2000 and a master's degree in regional studies centering on Russia, Eastern Europe and Central Asia from Harvard University in 2002.
Ternes has served as general director of the bank since 2012 and was a member of its management board starting in 2007.
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: The Central Bank trained primary school teachers as a pilot project
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Belarusian Foreign Ministry hosts a round table on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the modern Belarusian diplomatic service
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank and singapore-Based EFA Financial Institutions Debt Fund PTE. LTD. Investment Company Signed a Loan Agreement
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sends Condolences to Indonesia in Wake of Tsunami Disaster
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank announces New Year deposit
- AG BANK: Happy birthday, Mr. President!
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Hurry up! The action started on mortgage loans in GEL!
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Opening hours for the Christmas holidays