Georgia's ProCredit Bank recently announced the appointment of Asmus Rotne as general director, replacing Sascha Ternes, who resigned earlier this month.
Rotne's career with the ProCredit group started in 2002 at ProCredit Bank Georgia, where he served as deputy general director. He later held the same position at ProCredit Bank Romania and then went on to become chairman of the management board of ProCredit Bank Moldova. Rotne then became the general director of ProCredit Bank Armenia in 2011.
"I am pleased that my career with the ProCredit group started in Georgia," Rotne said. "The activities of the ProCredit banks vary according to country-specific differences, but the main principles and business model of the ProCredit group remain the same in all countries of operation."
Rotne said ProCredit Bank is the house bank for small- and medium-sized enterprises.
"Along with my colleagues, we will continue to strengthen our position in the market and offer customers a wide range of high-quality services tailored to their needs," Rotne said.
Rotne received a bachelor's degree in political science from Aarhus University in Denmark in 2000 and a master's degree in regional studies centering on Russia, Eastern Europe and Central Asia from Harvard University in 2002.
Ternes has served as general director of the bank since 2012 and was a member of its management board starting in 2007.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar