Russia's MDM Bank announced on Tuesday that its board of directors appointed Timur Avdeyenko as the new CEO and chairman of the bank's management board.
Avdeyenko has more than 15 years of experience in senior management positions at major Russian banks, including Konversbank, Promstroybank and Alfa-Bank. Avdeyenko's candidacy was approved by the Central Bank of Russia.
"It's a pleasure to welcome Timur Avdeyenko as CEO and chairman of the management board," Oleg Viyugin, the chairman of the board of directors, said. "Timur has extensive management experience and an in-depth understanding of the banking business. He is well acquainted with the bank and many of our partners. I have no doubt that Timur's approach and commitment to developing the bank's business will yield positive results in the near future."
Between 2001 to 2007, Avdeyenko was the deputy chairman of the management board of MDM Bank. He graduated from the Moscow Institute of Management and holds a Ph.D. in economics.
Avdeyenko said that managing one of the largest privately owned banks in the country was a great honor.
"I welcome the opportunity to return to the bank and bring to bear the managerial and banking experience that I have built up over the years," Avdeyenko said. "MDM Bank has great growth potential. It has a brand with a long history and a strong presence in a number of regions, especially in the Urals and Siberia. I see real opportunities to improve the bank's operating efficiency and financial performance, and to successfully deliver on its strategic objectives."
- AG BANK: 30% discount on "Royal Gallery Home Collection" stores with AGBank's cards!
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: Speech by NBU Governor Yakiv Smolii at a press briefing on monetary policy
- NATIONAL BANK OF TAJIKISTAN: National Bank of Tajikistan and International Monetary Fund have considered cooperation issues
- PROMSVYZABANK - RUSSIA: Promsvyazbank awarded the winners of the national prize "Business Success"
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Amendment of the “General Terms and Conditions of Servicing Accounts, Deposits and Consumer Loans”
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: NBU Launches Economic Express Regional Project in Zhytomyr
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: EUR 1.9 billion EIB Group backing for private sector, energy and urban investment across Greece
- HSBC - GEORGIA: Technology targets financial crime
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: More European funds available to support energy efficiency in residential buildings
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia