Russia's MDM Bank announced on Tuesday that its board of directors appointed Timur Avdeyenko as the new CEO and chairman of the bank's management board.
Avdeyenko has more than 15 years of experience in senior management positions at major Russian banks, including Konversbank, Promstroybank and Alfa-Bank. Avdeyenko's candidacy was approved by the Central Bank of Russia.
"It's a pleasure to welcome Timur Avdeyenko as CEO and chairman of the management board," Oleg Viyugin, the chairman of the board of directors, said. "Timur has extensive management experience and an in-depth understanding of the banking business. He is well acquainted with the bank and many of our partners. I have no doubt that Timur's approach and commitment to developing the bank's business will yield positive results in the near future."
Between 2001 to 2007, Avdeyenko was the deputy chairman of the management board of MDM Bank. He graduated from the Moscow Institute of Management and holds a Ph.D. in economics.
Avdeyenko said that managing one of the largest privately owned banks in the country was a great honor.
"I welcome the opportunity to return to the bank and bring to bear the managerial and banking experience that I have built up over the years," Avdeyenko said. "MDM Bank has great growth potential. It has a brand with a long history and a strong presence in a number of regions, especially in the Urals and Siberia. I see real opportunities to improve the bank's operating efficiency and financial performance, and to successfully deliver on its strategic objectives."
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar