An International Monetary Fund fact-finding mission in Kiev is making progress in assessing Ukraine's economic situation, Christine Lagarde, the IMF's managing director, said on Thursday.
Lagarde made the statement on the political upheaval in Ukraine on Thursday following a visit by an IMF delegation to the capital of Kiev.
"The IMF fact-finding mission working in Kiev since March 4 has made good progress in assessing the situation," Lagarde said. "Following an informal briefing of the IMF's executive board, management has asked the team to stay in Kiev and begin a process of negotiation."
Lagarde said the team will work with local authorities while protecting vulnerable citizens.
"The team will work with the Ukrainian authorities to develop an economic reform program that will result in sound economic governance and sustainable growth, while protecting the vulnerable in society, and that can be supported by the IMF in accordance with its policies," Lagarde said.
The mission plans to conclude its work by Friday.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about International Monetary Fund ?
Next time we write about International Monetary Fund, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar