The World Bank is preparing a new, country partnership framework strategy for Azerbaijan, the World Bank's country manager said on Friday.
Larisa Leshchenko said that Azerbaijan will be a pilot country for the country partnership framework. The World Bank will use the new program as a replacement for the country partnership strategy.
"It will affect the time frame for the document preparation," Leshchenko said. "Earlier we planned to prepare the new strategy before autumn 2014 and now we expect the works on this document to be completed by winter 2015/2016."
Despite the changes in the document's format, the implementation will remain on a four-year schedule.
"CPF development will be based on the estimation of the existing CPS results, as well as on the systematic country diagnostic which will reveal all existing problems and gaps and classify them in accordance with their priority," Leshchenko said.
The goal of the program is to reduce extreme poverty in the country and to provide shared prosperity, allowing for the benefits of economic growth to be shared by as many people in the country as possible.
"It's necessary to solve the problem with pocket of poverty - those groups of citizens who don't have any income from general growth," Leshchenko said.
- BTA BANK - KAZAKHASTAN: JSC BTA Bank rating assignment
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Deifnes A Panel of Judges for the Climate Changemakers Awards
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB has allocated US $ 78 million to improve sections of regional roads in the Kyrgyz Republic
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank Participates in Expo Dedicated to "International Day of Savings"
- ARMSWISSBANK - ARMENIA: ARMSWISSBANK CJSC Made a Payment of AMSWISB23ER3 Corporate Coupon Bond
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank will pay 50 children for rehabilitation courses
- AMERICAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE IN KAZAKHSTAN: International Centre for Parliamentary Studies: Strategic Management and Leadership programme - 4th - 8th March 2019 | London, UK
- AG BANK: AGBank has prepared 2 new campaigns for its valuable customers
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank