Fitch Ratings recently affirmed Gazprombank's long-term issuer default ratings at investment grade "BBB-" with a stable outlook.
Fitch said that Gazprombank's rating reflects the agency's view of the high probability that support for the bank would be forthcoming, if needed, from the Russian Federation or state-controlled entities, in particular the bank's founder and major shareholder, OAO Gazprom.
Fitch also said that Gazprombank's "bb" viability rating reflects the banks prominent market position and generally low risk lending business focused on larger and stronger Russian corporations and secured retail products as well as its comfortable liquidity situation.
The agency also confirmed the ratings of Gazprombank (Switzerland) Ltd. at "BBB-" with a stable outlook, reflecting Fitch's view of the high probability that the bank would support the subsidiary if needed.
Gazprombank is the third largest bank in the Russian Federation. Its principal business areas are corporate banking, retail banking, investment banking and depositary services.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar