Fitch Ratings recently affirmed Gazprombank's long-term issuer default ratings at investment grade "BBB-" with a stable outlook.
Fitch said that Gazprombank's rating reflects the agency's view of the high probability that support for the bank would be forthcoming, if needed, from the Russian Federation or state-controlled entities, in particular the bank's founder and major shareholder, OAO Gazprom.
Fitch also said that Gazprombank's "bb" viability rating reflects the banks prominent market position and generally low risk lending business focused on larger and stronger Russian corporations and secured retail products as well as its comfortable liquidity situation.
The agency also confirmed the ratings of Gazprombank (Switzerland) Ltd. at "BBB-" with a stable outlook, reflecting Fitch's view of the high probability that the bank would support the subsidiary if needed.
Gazprombank is the third largest bank in the Russian Federation. Its principal business areas are corporate banking, retail banking, investment banking and depositary services.
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On holding auctions on attracting funds by the Central Bank
- UNICREDIT - AZERBAIJAN: UniCredit launches first ETFs combining factor strategy with ESG criteria on European equities
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: AIIB, EBRD and BSTDB co-finance expansion of Turkey’s largest geothermal power plant
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Belarus wants to deepen economic ties with Latvia
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Open Government Partnership Initiative Working Group Holds Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: France: Derichebourg receives EIB financing of 130 million euros under the Juncker Plan
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: IMF Executive Board Completes the Second Review under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and Approves US$25 Million Disbursement to Burkina Faso
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Salary Card with 70% Discount
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sells 60 Million Lari Dual-Tranche Domestic Bonds in Georgia