The second Caspian Corridor conference, supported by the London Stock Exchange Group, the International Bank of Azerbaijan, the Britain Azerbaijan Business Council and Asia House, was held at the London Stock Exchange on March 7.
Participants, including global leaders of government, business, academia and the media, examined the region's growth engines and well as its close ties with the U.K. and the city of London.
The conference also looked at the specific paths ahead for the Caspian Corridor countries.
British Trade Envoy to Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan Charles Hendry stressed the importance of cooperation among the Caspian Corridor countries.
Parliament Member Baroness Elizabeth Symons praised the U.K.'s cooperation with the Caspian Corridor states and hailed projects carried out by Azerbaijan's state oil firm, SOCAR, and the Kazakh national oil company KazMunayGas.
Jahangir Hajiyev, the chairman of the International Bank of Azerbaijan, expressed confidence that the conference would contribute to strengthening the ties between the Caspian Corridor countries, while Azerbaijani Energy Minister Natig Aliyev highlighted the country's energy policy. Aliyev said Azerbaijan had already become a reliable partner both in the region and on the international scene.
Aliyev called the Trans-Anatolian pipeline project "a strong signal of Azerbaijan's capability to implement large-scaled projects that can change the energy picture of the region."
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar