Namik Guner Erpul, the ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary of the Republic of Turkey in the Republic of Uzbekistan, held a press conference on March 5 dedicated to the 22nd anniversary on the eve of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Uzbekistan and Turkey.
Erpul discussed the relations between the two countries and the current work they are undertaking.
The two countries established bilateral diplomatic relations in 1992, approximately three months after Turkey became the first country to recognize Uzbekistan's independence. The relations grew rapidly and, to date, the countries have signed 100 treaties and protocols providing the legal basis for relations.
The continued development of the relationship was evidenced in a meeting between Prime Minister of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdogan and President of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov during the opening ceremony of the XXII Winter Olympic Games in Sochi.
The press conference also referenced the trade turnover between the two countries, amounting $1.25 billion in 2013, which is an 8 percent increase over the year before. Uzbekistan currently has 450 companies with Turkish investments, according to Erpul.
Erpul said that areas in which cooperation could improve include the construction, hospitality and tourism sectors.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar