Namik Guner Erpul, the ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary of the Republic of Turkey in the Republic of Uzbekistan, held a press conference on March 5 dedicated to the 22nd anniversary on the eve of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Uzbekistan and Turkey.
Erpul discussed the relations between the two countries and the current work they are undertaking.
The two countries established bilateral diplomatic relations in 1992, approximately three months after Turkey became the first country to recognize Uzbekistan's independence. The relations grew rapidly and, to date, the countries have signed 100 treaties and protocols providing the legal basis for relations.
The continued development of the relationship was evidenced in a meeting between Prime Minister of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdogan and President of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov during the opening ceremony of the XXII Winter Olympic Games in Sochi.
The press conference also referenced the trade turnover between the two countries, amounting $1.25 billion in 2013, which is an 8 percent increase over the year before. Uzbekistan currently has 450 companies with Turkish investments, according to Erpul.
Erpul said that areas in which cooperation could improve include the construction, hospitality and tourism sectors.
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: The Central Bank trained primary school teachers as a pilot project
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Belarusian Foreign Ministry hosts a round table on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the modern Belarusian diplomatic service
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank and singapore-Based EFA Financial Institutions Debt Fund PTE. LTD. Investment Company Signed a Loan Agreement
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sends Condolences to Indonesia in Wake of Tsunami Disaster
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank announces New Year deposit
- AG BANK: Happy birthday, Mr. President!
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Hurry up! The action started on mortgage loans in GEL!
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Opening hours for the Christmas holidays