Jahangir Hajiyev, the chairman of the International Bank of Azerbaijan, opened trading at the London Stock Exchange on March 7 to mark the beginning of the second Caspian Corridor Conference.
"It's a great honor to be opening the U.K. markets, especially in advance of the second Caspian Corridor Conference which is to be held here, in the heart of the city of London, at the London Stock Exchange. We expect it to be another important event that continues to build on the strengthening ties between London and the fast growing economies of the Caspian region," Hajiyev said.
Business and industry leaders in the banking, energy and infrastructure sectors were joined by government ministers and critical stakeholders at the London Stock Exchange to explore the opportunities and radically changing geo-economic dynamics flanking Europe through the Greater Caspian Region.
Important both economically and politically, the Caspian Corridor region is set to maintain high growth rates in the coming years. The conference brought together global leaders in government, business, academia and the media to examine the path ahead for the countries of the Caspian Corridor, with a view to identifying the key policy recommendations and best businesses practices in the region.
The second Caspian Corridor Conference was sponsored by the International Bank of Azerbaijan, the Britain Azerbaijan Business Council and Asia House.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar