K SUNS movie theater held the premiere of the film "I Will Not Die" on Feb. 27.
The event was sponsored by Baltic International Bank and initiated by Baltic International shareholder Valeri Belokon. Latvian Minister of Culture Dace Melbarde acknowledged Belekon as a patron of the arts. Belekon will be helping to put the film on DVD so it can be distributed to art schools across Latvia.
Producer Anita Vanaga said that the film is based off Ilmars Blumbergs book of the same name. The film highlights Blumbergs' artwork and way of thinking.
The film was made by Janis Redlikh and Maya Smildzina. It focuses on the artist's stream of consciousness style that layers different elements of culture.
"Everything is speaking to you," Bulmbergs said. "The form brings together the most unimaginable places. As if snowflakes are melting on the surface of a bright yellow object-glass. This is one of the greatest games where no bluff is even expected. The Human Being and the God. The Life and the Death. The Man and the Woman. And you yourself standing vis-à-vis."
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar