K SUNS movie theater held the premiere of the film "I Will Not Die" on Feb. 27.
The event was sponsored by Baltic International Bank and initiated by Baltic International shareholder Valeri Belokon. Latvian Minister of Culture Dace Melbarde acknowledged Belekon as a patron of the arts. Belekon will be helping to put the film on DVD so it can be distributed to art schools across Latvia.
Producer Anita Vanaga said that the film is based off Ilmars Blumbergs book of the same name. The film highlights Blumbergs' artwork and way of thinking.
The film was made by Janis Redlikh and Maya Smildzina. It focuses on the artist's stream of consciousness style that layers different elements of culture.
"Everything is speaking to you," Bulmbergs said. "The form brings together the most unimaginable places. As if snowflakes are melting on the surface of a bright yellow object-glass. This is one of the greatest games where no bluff is even expected. The Human Being and the God. The Life and the Death. The Man and the Woman. And you yourself standing vis-à-vis."
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On holding auctions on attracting funds by the Central Bank
- UNICREDIT - AZERBAIJAN: UniCredit launches first ETFs combining factor strategy with ESG criteria on European equities
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: AIIB, EBRD and BSTDB co-finance expansion of Turkey’s largest geothermal power plant
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Belarus wants to deepen economic ties with Latvia
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Open Government Partnership Initiative Working Group Holds Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: France: Derichebourg receives EIB financing of 130 million euros under the Juncker Plan
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: IMF Executive Board Completes the Second Review under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and Approves US$25 Million Disbursement to Burkina Faso
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Salary Card with 70% Discount
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sells 60 Million Lari Dual-Tranche Domestic Bonds in Georgia