Rinat Akhmetov, the president of System Capital Management, released a statement to the citizens of the Ukraine on March 2.
The statement recognized the political tension threatening Ukraine and urged advancement toward a peaceful solution.
Akhmetov suggested keeping a cool head and not yielding to provocations in the coming days. He also said to make well-considered and balanced decisions, adding that the unity of society, business and authorities is where the country's strength lies.
The SCM Group said it will work ceaselessly on sustaining Ukraine's infrastructure, the statement says.
Akhmetov called on politicians and the government to secure the nation's territorial sovereignty and to restore democracy and freedom to its citizens. He implored the country's business sector to make contributions toward a peaceful settlement, as well.
The SCM Group employs 300,000 people and offers services to customers throughout all of Ukraine.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar