Gagik Zakaryan, the chairman of the board of Unibank, was recognized as the "Banker of 2013" at the annual Banki.ru awards ceremony on Feb. 27.
"It is a great pleasure. I didn't expect it. It is a great honor for us," Zakaryan said. "As always, we do our best to be useful for everybody -for customers, for the society."
Zakaryan served as deputy general director of Uniastrum Holding from 1991-1996. He founded Unibank in 2001. He is also a member of the Interregional Banking Board under the Council of Federations of the RF Federal Assembly.
Zakaryan was presented with the "Saint Gregory the Illuminator" award in 2013 for his work promoting the prosperity of the nation and the church. He is a graduate of Moscow Aviation Institute and the Bank Business School of the All-Russian Academy of Foreign Trade.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar