Gagik Zakaryan, the chairman of the board of Unibank, was recognized as the "Banker of 2013" at the annual Banki.ru awards ceremony on Feb. 27.
"It is a great pleasure. I didn't expect it. It is a great honor for us," Zakaryan said. "As always, we do our best to be useful for everybody -for customers, for the society."
Zakaryan served as deputy general director of Uniastrum Holding from 1991-1996. He founded Unibank in 2001. He is also a member of the Interregional Banking Board under the Council of Federations of the RF Federal Assembly.
Zakaryan was presented with the "Saint Gregory the Illuminator" award in 2013 for his work promoting the prosperity of the nation and the church. He is a graduate of Moscow Aviation Institute and the Bank Business School of the All-Russian Academy of Foreign Trade.
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: The Central Bank trained primary school teachers as a pilot project
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Belarusian Foreign Ministry hosts a round table on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the modern Belarusian diplomatic service
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank and singapore-Based EFA Financial Institutions Debt Fund PTE. LTD. Investment Company Signed a Loan Agreement
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sends Condolences to Indonesia in Wake of Tsunami Disaster
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank announces New Year deposit
- AG BANK: Happy birthday, Mr. President!
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Hurry up! The action started on mortgage loans in GEL!
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Opening hours for the Christmas holidays