A Korean business delegation consisting of approximately 50 entrepreneurs made an official visit to Uzbekistan on Feb. 27.
The delegation was headed by Ang Hyun-ho, the deputy chairman of the Korea International Trade Association. The main purpose of the visit was to provide Korean businessmen with complete information about the investment climate in Uzbekistan as well as the benefits and guarantees provided for foreign investors.
As part of the visit, Korean businessmen traveled to the Angren special industrial zone. They first visited Angren Shakar, a production and packaging plant that will begin operations in June. Funded entirely by Singaporean investment, the plant, with a projected cost is $110 million, has a production capacity of 1,000 tons of sugar per day.
"Before, there was only Khorezm Shakar, which had been supplying 60 percent of sugar for the needs of the domestic market, with the rest being imported," Alexei Madkarimov, the head of Angren Shakar, said. "After the launch of our plant, 100 percent of the demand for sugar will be satisfied by local companies. Moreover, 50 percent of production will be exported."
The delegation also visited the Angren Pipe Plant, the Angren International Logistics Center, JV EGL-NUR and the Angren silicon plant.
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: The Central Bank trained primary school teachers as a pilot project
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Belarusian Foreign Ministry hosts a round table on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the modern Belarusian diplomatic service
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank and singapore-Based EFA Financial Institutions Debt Fund PTE. LTD. Investment Company Signed a Loan Agreement
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sends Condolences to Indonesia in Wake of Tsunami Disaster
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank announces New Year deposit
- AG BANK: Happy birthday, Mr. President!
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Hurry up! The action started on mortgage loans in GEL!
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Opening hours for the Christmas holidays