Newly appointed Governor of the National Bank of Ukraine Stepan Kubiv issued a statement this week highlighting the bank's professional staff and important systems, including its SEP, NSMEP and open market operations.
Kubiv assured customers that the bank is in control of the sector and is maintaining two-way communication with all banks. The bank is also analyzing gold and foreign reserves, which the governor said are under control and manageable.
The note also highlighted the importance of protecting depositors' interests and resuming talks with foreign creditors once a new Ukrainian government is formed. The bank also anticipates the approval of an ambitious and clear plan toward reforming the economy and the financial sector.
The bank assured citizens that it would be taking urgent steps toward providing liquidity to banks while also ensuring that loans come with tougher conditions on transparency and control over their utilization.
The National Bank of Ukraine will also take a tough line on banks violating requirements, according to the letter.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar