The VTB Shareholders Consultative Council recently held its first meeting of 2014.
The meeting was attended by President and Chairman of the Management Board Andrey Kostin, First Deputy President and Chairman of the Management Board Vasily Titov, and Alexander Kuznetsov, the senior vice president and head of the investment department of the bank's retail arm, VTB 24.
"In the current economic situation, our priorities lie with increasing business efficiency and cutting costs," Kostin said. "We have some fat that can be trimmed. We will focus on further developing the high-margin segments of the banking market - retail banking and lending to medium-sized businesses. We are also planning some major improvements in our IT systems."
Kuznetsov spoke about VTB 24's services in shares and FX, including security transactions on the Russian and international stock markets, international FX deals, and the buying and selling of mutual funds.
Participants also discussed the future development of VTB Group's brokerage services and approved the new edition of the VTB Shareholders Consultative Council Regulations.
The next council meeting is scheduled for April.
- AG BANK: 30% discount on "Royal Gallery Home Collection" stores with AGBank's cards!
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: Speech by NBU Governor Yakiv Smolii at a press briefing on monetary policy
- NATIONAL BANK OF TAJIKISTAN: National Bank of Tajikistan and International Monetary Fund have considered cooperation issues
- PROMSVYZABANK - RUSSIA: Promsvyazbank awarded the winners of the national prize "Business Success"
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Amendment of the “General Terms and Conditions of Servicing Accounts, Deposits and Consumer Loans”
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: NBU Launches Economic Express Regional Project in Zhytomyr
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: EUR 1.9 billion EIB Group backing for private sector, energy and urban investment across Greece
- HSBC - GEORGIA: Technology targets financial crime
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: More European funds available to support energy efficiency in residential buildings
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia