The National Bank of Ukraine put the commemorative Yevhen Berezniak coin into circulation on Feb. 25.
The coin is worth two hryvnia and is dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the birth of Yevhen Berezniak, hero of Ukraine and veteran of the Great Patriotic War. Berezniak was an intelligence officer and a liberator of the city of Cracow from fascist invaders.
According to Tamara Loshmanova, the head of the numismatic production and marketing department of the National Bank of Ukraine, the coin is part of the "Outstanding Personalities of the Ukraine" series.
"By issuing the commemorative coin in honor of Yevhen Berezniak, the National Bank of Ukraine commemorates the heroic deed performed by Yevhen Berezniak when he was on a special mission in the enemy's rear during the Great Patriotic War," Loshmanova said.
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: Investment Plan for Europe: the EIB and Grifols sign a new loan agreement to advance research on rare and chronic diseases
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Eurasian Development Bank and Kazyna Capital Management signed an agreement on cooperation
- BANK ZENIT - RUSSIA: Banking Group ZENIT announced its financial results under IFRS for the six months of 2018
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Remotely Refines its Personal Data
- BANK OF GEORGIA: With the general partnership of the Bank of Georgia, the traditional horse racing "Baccharo Cup 2018" was held to popularize the resort Bakhmaro
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Philippine PPP Policy Gets a Boost from ADB's $300 Million Loan
- AG BANK: AGBank congratulates the people of Azerbaijan with the state attribute on the 26th anniversary of manat!
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: New ABN AMRO campaign highlights sustainable business