The National Bank of Ukraine put the commemorative Yevhen Berezniak coin into circulation on Feb. 25.
The coin is worth two hryvnia and is dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the birth of Yevhen Berezniak, hero of Ukraine and veteran of the Great Patriotic War. Berezniak was an intelligence officer and a liberator of the city of Cracow from fascist invaders.
According to Tamara Loshmanova, the head of the numismatic production and marketing department of the National Bank of Ukraine, the coin is part of the "Outstanding Personalities of the Ukraine" series.
"By issuing the commemorative coin in honor of Yevhen Berezniak, the National Bank of Ukraine commemorates the heroic deed performed by Yevhen Berezniak when he was on a special mission in the enemy's rear during the Great Patriotic War," Loshmanova said.
- AG BANK: 30% discount on "Royal Gallery Home Collection" stores with AGBank's cards!
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: Speech by NBU Governor Yakiv Smolii at a press briefing on monetary policy
- NATIONAL BANK OF TAJIKISTAN: National Bank of Tajikistan and International Monetary Fund have considered cooperation issues
- PROMSVYZABANK - RUSSIA: Promsvyazbank awarded the winners of the national prize "Business Success"
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Amendment of the “General Terms and Conditions of Servicing Accounts, Deposits and Consumer Loans”
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: NBU Launches Economic Express Regional Project in Zhytomyr
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: EUR 1.9 billion EIB Group backing for private sector, energy and urban investment across Greece
- HSBC - GEORGIA: Technology targets financial crime
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: More European funds available to support energy efficiency in residential buildings
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia