The board of directors of BTA Bank recently decided to terminate the appointment of Kadyrzhan Damitov as chairman of the management board as of Feb. 26 and designate Magzhan Auezov as the new chairman.
The decision was made as part of the sale of the bank's shares by its major shareholder, SWF Samruk-Kazyna, to a consortium of investors represented by Kazkommertsbank and Kazakhstan businessman Kenes Rakishev.
Damitov will continue to work as a member of the board of directors of BTA Bank and will focus on the most difficult and strategically important areas of the financial institution.
Auezov, the new chairman of the bank's management board, will remain a member of Kazkommertsbank's management board and will lead the process of integration with BTA Bank.
"We are satisfied with this appointment: the BTA's management board in a short time will have to create practicable and effective mechanisms of interaction between two banks prior to the potential merger. It is important to ensure stable operation of the bank in the interest of BTA's customers," Nina Zhussupova, a member of the board of directors, said.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, Tonga Sign Grant Agreement for Ongoing Urban Project
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Order a free Idram Rocket Visa Card and get 2 KinoPark invitations
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: French-Armenian Doctors Program in Tavush
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On results of deposit auction on attraction of funds by the Central Bank
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Card tariffs
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB President Reaffirms Strong Support to Maldives
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Rosbank will keep zero service fee for money transfers via Faster Payments System
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies