The board of directors of BTA Bank recently decided to terminate the appointment of Kadyrzhan Damitov as chairman of the management board as of Feb. 26 and designate Magzhan Auezov as the new chairman.
The decision was made as part of the sale of the bank's shares by its major shareholder, SWF Samruk-Kazyna, to a consortium of investors represented by Kazkommertsbank and Kazakhstan businessman Kenes Rakishev.
Damitov will continue to work as a member of the board of directors of BTA Bank and will focus on the most difficult and strategically important areas of the financial institution.
Auezov, the new chairman of the bank's management board, will remain a member of Kazkommertsbank's management board and will lead the process of integration with BTA Bank.
"We are satisfied with this appointment: the BTA's management board in a short time will have to create practicable and effective mechanisms of interaction between two banks prior to the potential merger. It is important to ensure stable operation of the bank in the interest of BTA's customers," Nina Zhussupova, a member of the board of directors, said.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar