The Trade and Forfaiting Review recently recognized a 2013 Belarusbank deal for the supply of six electric trains by Stadler Bussnang for Belarusian Railways as an ECA highly commended deal.
The deal was financed through a loan agreement between Belarusbank as a borrower and a consortium of Swiss banks as a lender. The Swiss banks in the consortium included UBS AG, Credit Suisse AG and Zuercher Kantonalbank.
Financing for the deal was organized by Swiss export credit agency SERV cover without additional collateral in the form of Government Payment Guarantee of the Republic of Belarus.
The deal was for the supply of six electric trains to be used on regional lines. The additional electric trains will be used to improve the quality of passenger traffic.
Trade and Forfaiting Review is a recognized British edition on international trade finance. It annually rates the best deals of the year. Deals were selected based on the innovative structure of the transaction, the application of reliable financing instruments and on the accomplishment of social tasks.
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: The Central Bank trained primary school teachers as a pilot project
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Belarusian Foreign Ministry hosts a round table on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the modern Belarusian diplomatic service
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank and singapore-Based EFA Financial Institutions Debt Fund PTE. LTD. Investment Company Signed a Loan Agreement
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sends Condolences to Indonesia in Wake of Tsunami Disaster
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank announces New Year deposit
- AG BANK: Happy birthday, Mr. President!
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Hurry up! The action started on mortgage loans in GEL!
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Opening hours for the Christmas holidays