The Trade and Forfaiting Review recently recognized a 2013 Belarusbank deal for the supply of six electric trains by Stadler Bussnang for Belarusian Railways as an ECA highly commended deal.
The deal was financed through a loan agreement between Belarusbank as a borrower and a consortium of Swiss banks as a lender. The Swiss banks in the consortium included UBS AG, Credit Suisse AG and Zuercher Kantonalbank.
Financing for the deal was organized by Swiss export credit agency SERV cover without additional collateral in the form of Government Payment Guarantee of the Republic of Belarus.
The deal was for the supply of six electric trains to be used on regional lines. The additional electric trains will be used to improve the quality of passenger traffic.
Trade and Forfaiting Review is a recognized British edition on international trade finance. It annually rates the best deals of the year. Deals were selected based on the innovative structure of the transaction, the application of reliable financing instruments and on the accomplishment of social tasks.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar